Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Way to Go Strong Little Parker!!

Okay - so I lied. When I dropped the rest of the laundry off tonight at Sarah's, after an entertaining evening at my folks house of pizza dinner and all the girls playing - I told her I was not planning to post an update on blogger. But then I got home and the more I am sitting here and thinking about it - I feel it needs to be done. Hopefully she will forgive me. :)

As Sarah already posted on the carepage - yesterday was a wonderful day for Parker. He really turned the corner and started to look and act much better. Today, the progress only continued. He was removed from isolation and enjoyed a nice walk around the hospital with Daddy, which he enjoyed tremendously as he had not been out of a hospital room for a week!! His counts have gone up so much and the doctor's are so pleased with his progress that they decided they would go ahead and administer this week's round of intensive in-patient chemotherapy!! Thankfully, because he has been admitted - they were able to skip the pre-treatment steps of checking all of his levels, etc and get right with the chemo. However, it does mean yet another night in the hospital - when all were looking forward to finally being home together again. But if all goes well with the chemo tonight and tommorrow - Parker could be back at home tommorrow night!! We all will keep our fingers crossed for Parker to continue to fight so hard!!