Sunday, April 13, 2008

Parker is home!




Little Parker has completed his first round of inpatient chemo and is home. He came home on Saturday afternoon courtesy of Grandpa Don who so graciously drove to Iowa City to pick up Daddy and Parker. I was kicked out of the hospital Friday to come home and spend time with Gracie. Gracie and I had a very special night Friday night, although I ached because I missed my baby boy so much. But, Parker came home Saturday, which is a little earlier than orignally anticipated, so that was a pleasant surprise. Parker handled the chemo like the tough little boy that he is. He was in quite a bit of pain Thursday night and Friday. He didn't want to eat and he wanted to do was sleep. But he has since perked up. He has some uncomfortable moments, but still has that beautiful, contagious smile of his. So far, he still has is famous red hair. His face is starting to round out due to the steriods. But, if anyone can pull off a round face, it is our Parker James. I have included a couple of pictures of Parker playing in his hospital crib. He loves toys! Anyway, things are going fairly well right now. We are trying to focus on the positive of this moment and not to worry about what may happen in the future. Thank you all for your prayers, I know they are working.

No comments: